New DelhiZarafshan Shiraz
In today’s fast-paced world, maintaining a heart-healthy lifestyle can be challenging as stress, poor dietary choices and lack of physical activity often take a toll on heart health. our circuit. However, experts believe that by combining the two simple but effective practices of mindful eating and yoga, you can take a holistic approach to supporting a healthy heart. .
Understand the importance of heart health
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Himalayan Siddhaa Akshar, Founder of Akshar Yoga Kendraa, shared: Before diving into mindful eating and Yoga, it is essential to realize why heart health circuit is important. Your heart is a muscle that works hard to pump blood and oxygen throughout your body. It is responsible for keeping you alive and healthy. However, certain factors, such as poor diet, sedentary lifestyle and stress, can put your heart at risk.
Mindful Eating: What is it?
Himalayan Siddhaa Akshar reveals, Mindful eating is a practice that encourages you to give your full attention to the eating experience, savoring each bite and being fully present in the moment. It’s not just what you eat; it’s about how you eat. According to him, here’s how mindful eating can benefit your heart –
- Portion control: Mindful eating makes you more aware of your portion sizes, reducing the risk of overeating, which can lead to weight gain and heart problems.
- Make better food choices: When you’re present while you eat, you’re more likely to choose heart-healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins over processed and high-fat options.
- Reduce stress when eating: Mindful eating can help you break the cycle of stress-related eating, which often leads to unhealthy choices.
- Improve digestion: Mindful eating can aid digestion, reducing discomfort caused by eating too much or eating too quickly.
How to practice mindful eating
Himalayan Siddhaa Akshar suggests a simple guide to practicing mindful eating –
- Pause: Before you start eating, pause for a moment. Acknowledge the food in front of you and express gratitude for it.
- Engage your senses: As you eat, pay attention to the color, texture and aroma of your food. Enjoy every bite, paying attention to its taste and feel.
- Chew slowly: Chew your food slowly and thoroughly. This not only aids digestion but also allows you to fully enjoy the flavor and texture of your meal.
- Put the device down: Avoid distractions like television or smartphones while eating. Just focus on your food and the act of eating.
- Listen to your body: Pay attention to signs of hunger and fullness. Stop eating when you are satisfied, not when your plate is empty.
Yoga poses for heart health
Himalayan Siddhaa Akshar has suggested some simple Yoga poses that can benefit your heart –
- Mountain Pose (Tadasana): Stand straight, legs together, shoulders relaxed and palms facing forward. This pose promotes good posture and body awareness.
- Bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana): Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet hip-width apart. Raise your hips toward the ceiling. This pose strengthens the back and opens the chest.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana): Kneel on the floor, sit on your heels and stretch your arms forward. This relaxing pose can reduce stress and calm the mind.
- Corpse pose (Savasana): Lie on your back with your arms at your sides and your legs slightly apart. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Savasana is a great pose for relaxation and stress relief.
You can achieve a heart-healthy lifestyle through a combination of mindful eating and Yoga. These simple yet powerful exercises promote better food choices, reduce stress, improve blood circulation and enhance overall fitness. By taking a holistic approach to heart health, you can take proactive steps to maintain a healthy heart and a healthier, happier life.
#Mindful #Eating #Yoga #Diet #Tips #Exercises #Support #Healthy #Heart
Image Source : www.hindustantimes.com